Hybrid PM Webinar
September 20 @ 3:00 pm - 4:00 pmFree
Hybrid PM: The Best of Both Worlds
Instructor: Greta Blash Length: 1 hour
Prework: None PDUs: 1
Training Topic: Project Management/Business Analysis
Subtopics: Agile Life Cycle, Adaptive Skills
As projects adapt to changing business environments and their requirements, it is important to understand the context of each project and apply the best development approach to support project activities. Even though all projects focus on delivering value within given constraints, there are multiple methods and techniques that support different project objectives.
In this training, we’ll discuss the difference between utilizing a traditional, adaptive or hybrid approach and the benefits of incorporating the different approaches. Project planning is modified to not just be an activity performed at the beginning of the project, but rather a continuing activity to enable adjustments and modifications as they arise.
Since the different approaches require modifications to scope and schedule, those two areas specifically, can take advantage of the benefits derived from the various approaches. A greater emphasis is placed on both the upfront understanding of requirements and the continuous improvement of both the process and delivered results. This includes ensuring that the final result delivered to the customer is correct, meets expectations and delivers the required benefits.
This training utilizes an engaging discussion, with both individual and group exercises and role playing to understand different opportunities for the adaptation of these project activities, especially when projects utilize a more hybrid approach.
After the training, the training material will provide you with additional sources of information and guidelines for providing support for the planning and implementation of a project utilizing the combination of predictive, adaptive and hybrid methods.
Upon completion of this training, learners will be able to:
- Differentiate between different lifecycle development approaches
- Know various hybrid team roles
- Identify hybrid project techniques for initiating, planning, executing, monitoring and controlling, and closing projects and determine which methods are most appropriate for the context of the project
- Implement continuous improvement activities throughout the project to reduce risk, improve quality and meet expectations
- Comprehend the importance of transitioning final solution to the receiving organization